One of the most common plumbing issues you might face in your home is a blocked drain. A blocked drain can be a real source of frustration and stress, especially when it happens out of the blue.
Dealing with a blocked drain can be an overwhelming task for homeowners. A clogged drain can cause water to back up and flood your home, causing damage to your property and belongings. It can also create an unpleasant smell and pose health risks if left untreated.
Some of the most common causes of blocked drains include hair, soap scum, food waste, and foreign objects that get flushed down the toilet. Ignoring a blocked drain can lead to more serious plumbing issues down the line, such as burst pipes and water damage. As such, it’s important to take prompt action to address the issue and prevent it from worsening.
Using professional drainage engineers is key when it comes to ensuring your home is as safe and efficient as possible. Clogged drains can cause a range of issues such as bad odours, flooding and soil erosion due to heavy rain or other natural causes. By hiring an experienced professional to carry out any necessary drain unblocking, these hazards can be avoided or minimised.
Professional drainage engineers are equipped with a range of tools and techniques to clear stubborn blockages and restore the proper functioning of your drains.
Here are some of the most common techniques and tools used by professional plumbers for unblocking drains:
- Drain snakes are flexible metal cables that can be inserted into the drain to clear blockages. The cable is rotated by hand or by a motor, allowing it to break up and dislodge the blockage. The highly flexible metal of drain snakes allows them to break up blockages with either manual or motorised rotation.
- Hydro-jetters use high-pressure water to blast away blockages in the drain. The high-pressure water can remove grease, dirt, and other debris that may be causing the blockage.Hydro-jetting eliminates deep rooted clogs using powerful water pressure that is sure to eliminate grease and dirt from the pipe walls.
- CCTV cameras are used to identify the location and cause of the blockage. The camera is inserted into the drain, allowing the plumber to see the inside of the pipe and detect any damage or other issues that may be causing the blockage.CCTV cameras give an in depth view inside your pipes so you can ensure the issue at hand has been completely resolved – plus it helps detect any potential future issues!
- Pipe locators are used to locate the exact position of the blockage. The tool sends a signal through the drain, allowing the plumber to pinpoint the location of the blockage and dig it out. Pipe locators allow plumbers to detect blockages with pinpoint accuracy, making the job faster and easier.
- Chemical drain cleaners are used to dissolve and break up blockages in the drain. They work by breaking down the material causing the blockage and allowing it to flow freely through the drain. Chemical drain cleaners provide a powerful solution for breaking down material clogging drains, ensuring efficient flow-through.
- Plungers are an easy yet effective way of creating pressure in blocked drains that helps remove even persistent obstructions quickly. They work by creating pressure in the drain, dislodging the blockage and allowing it to flow through the drain.
Don’t attempt to tackle drainage blockages yourself! Drainage engineers have the necessary expertise and tools that can identify, clear, & prevent further issues efficiently. The right technique used by a professional will give you peace of mind & save time – potentially avoiding costly repairs in the process.